Thank you for your interest regarding the possibility of living in Cloughjordan Ecovillage.
Sustainable Projects Ireland, which is responsible for the development of the Ecovillage, is in the process of putting steps in place for the completion of the estate. This includes actively working with Tipperary County Council, Irish Water, the Irish government, and other stakeholders, including members, residents and the wider Cloughjordan community. This is with a view to permission being granted by the relevant authorities to start a new phase of housing construction.
There is currently an embargo on planning permissions in Cloughjordan because the local town wastewater treatment plant is at capacity. SPI has committed significant time and resources throughout 2021 investigating whether an onsite solution could be found to wastewater treatment, with a view to releasing sites for sale in the Ecovillage. At present, however, the preferred solution is a capacity upgrade to the town’s treatment system, and we are actively advocating for that upgrade with the Irish government, with Irish Water, and with Tipperary County Council. Such an upgrade is vital for the further growth and sustainability of Cloughjordan Ecovillage and of Cloughjordan itself.
If you would like to be kept informed of these developments, and consent to having your details stored by Sustainable Projects Ireland for the purpose of informing you of sales-related matters, please let us know by emailing [email protected] You may wish to include your postal address and telephone number if you haven’t already done so.
Join Our Experience Weekends
Dates To Be Confirmed
This Experience Event Includes:
- An overview of the history and vision of the Ecovillage
- A guided tour highlighting the project’s community features
- A visit inside high-performance homes and a chance to meet some of the residents
- A visit to the community farm and green enterprise centre
- Practical advice about living in this multi-award winning community
- Useful information to take away about buying and building in the Ecovillage
- Limited places – to book or for further information contact TBC
- Cost: TBC with reduction if you travel by train
- Schedule allows people to travel by train from the Dublin area and return on the same day. The Ecovillage is 15 minutes walk from the station.
Consider staying over as very affordable accommodation is available in Cloughjordan Ecovillage. To book Django’s Eco-Hostel see www.djangoshostel.com.