Years of experience
Cloughjordan Ecovillage is our testament that through innovative and sustainable living, a diverse community can live alongside nature. Situated in Tipperary, we thrive through democratic organising, healthy organic food, and enriched social lives while minimising ecological impacts. Our 67-acre site includes beautiful fertile land where we grow our own food, plants, and trees to promote biodiversity. Our ecovillage features:
- More than 50 low energy homes and work units so far.
- A solar- and wood-powered community heating system.
- 50 acres of land for allotments, farming, and woodland
- A green enterprise centre and hi-spec broadband
- Our member-owned community farm
- An eco-hostel for visitors and nearby train station
Education and Sustainability
“To serve as an education, enterprise and research service resource for all”
– Mission statement of Cloughjordan Ecovillage residents
At Cloughjordan Ecovillage, we are committed to demonstrating that humans and nature can live side by side, in harmony. All our practices and procedures are targeted towards creating a model for sustainable living, not just with relation to the local environment but also as a resilient community.
We are a registered educational charity (Revenue Charity No: 13328, CRA RCN: 20041182). By supporting the ecovillage you help us develop, and educate on, sustainable living. Donate today and become a supporter of Cloughjordan Ecovillage.
Make a Donation
Your donation will be targeted towards projects that support our charitable aims.DONATE NOW
Latest From Blog
Nov 08, 2021
Listen to the next episode in the Deep Listening Series BEYOND CoP26: […]READ MORE
Sep 15, 2021
Féile na nÚLL 2021 THE COMMUNITY APPLE FESTIVAL Saturday the 18th & […]READ MORE